Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Time in Mexico

With my rural homestay
By: Kaity Berg

It is almost impossible to sum up these past few months here in México. From the moment I arrived to my day of departure México can and will be one of my second homes near and dear to me. I had never traveled outside the US before coming here to México in August and I am glad that my first experience was with CGE. Within the four months I was here I have learned more about myself and what is going on in the world around me then I have in any other four month time frame in my life.


My favorite part of the experience was definitely my home stays with Mexican families. Our business group had one in a rural area for four days and everyone had one for four weeks at the end of the program. These experiences have taught me what it is to live in Mexico and how families here cope with everyday life. Another favorite experience of mine is getting to know Cuernavaca. When I needed time to myself my favorite thing to do was to get lost in the city. I feel as if the city had an energy that I needed, there is always something going on in the city and people galore going about their business. This is also good for those people who like cities and people watching. As for the school, I really liked my classes and everyone that was involved with CGE. From the staff to the interns everyone was very congenial, welcoming and supportive when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment